Strawberry Season is winding down… Kind Of.
?!? Did you know ?!?
We still have a variety of strawberries that we haven’t even started to pick yet? Malwinas! These should be in PRIME picking in the next few weeks – so keep an eye out for updates.
Some Raspberries have started to ripen, but each day has different availability due to conditions and demand. So always check the current conditions post on Facebook before heading out to the farm. PRIME picking should be week of the 15th!
Just like Strawberries, Blueberries start with a few HUGE berries scattered throughout the field. Picking is available, and will only get better. More and more blueberries Read More
We will finally be open for the Strawberry Season tomorrow – Tuesday 6/25.
We will have limited hours the first week as follows:
Tuesday (6/25) – 8AM-12PM
Thursday (6/27) – 8AM-7PM
Saturday (6/29) – 8AM-7PM
**Note: We may become picked out at any day or time due to demand. ALWAYS check facebook and/or the website to check on the patch before heading out. We will update if we are picked out and closed for the day**
Dont forget Saturday is also Strawberry Shortcake Social 11AM-3PM
Come get lunch, and a yummy desert! We will be serving hot dogs, Read More
We are teaming up with three other local farms to provide a new event – A Day in the Country. Tour as many of the participating locations below as you like!
White Pine Berry Farm: 9am – 6pm
- Wagon Rides, Corn Maze, Pumpkin and Raspberry Picking, Sweet Corn
- Lunch will be available from 11:30-1:00, but ADVANCE TICKETS ARE REQUIRED – Click here to purchase
- Adult Lunch: Grilled chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, Italian pasta salad, cut fresh fruit, buttered roll, coffee and punch ($20)
- Children’s Lunch: Hot dog, chips, chocolate milk, water or pop ($5)
Wolf Honey Farm: 9am – 4pm
- See how honey is removed and bottled, learn about bees and honey
- See other products made Read More
Mark your calendars so you don’t miss any of our family-friendly events this year!
River Falls Farmers Market: Saturdays, 8am – 12pm *June through October
Strawberry Shortcake Social: Saturday, 6/30, 11am – 2pm
Eat Local Co-op Farm Tour: Saturday, 7/14, 10am – 4pm
Day in the Country: Saturday 9/15, 9am – 6pm *Brand new event, more information to come!*
Fall Family Day: Saturday, 9/22, 10am – 3pm
See you soon!
It is our joy to host weddings at White Pine! We love that our home will host some of your most treasured memories. We’ve compiled some frequently asked questions and answers to help you as you search for your wedding venue.
- What does the hosting my wedding at WPBF include?
- Full access in the barn (main level, balcony, basement level) and the grounds surrounding the barn
- Tables and chairs to seat 250 people
- 2 portable restrooms (1 handicap accessible) and 1 portable hand wash station
- Nearby fire pit (as long as there are no burn restrictions)
- We have some decorations available (twinkle lights, draped tulle fabric, a few wood table covers, burlap and lace runners, birch wood stands)
- A Read More
What a wonderful year 2017 was. We have enjoyed having so many of you come out to pick fresh berries and get other produce, too. We were blessed with some good weather and had nice crops of all the berries. The strawberries and raspberries did very good, but this was the first year we had a significant crop of blueberries. They are slow growing, but are looking good. Currants are also growing in popularity and we will be planting more of them next year. We will have a new variety of strawberries for you to try called Malwina – it is a later variety. I really liked the flavor Read More
Strawberry Pie with Glaze
Try this delicious recipe with your next batch of strawberries from White Pine Berry Farm! Make sure to share with us how it goes!
½ c water
2 TB cornstarch
Red food coloring
1 qt fresh strawberries
1 (9 in) pie shell, baked
¾ c white corn syrup
3 TB water
½ tsp vanilla or almond extract
Heat water and syrup to boiling. Mix cornstarch and water to paste; add to syrup and water. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Add coloring and extract and stir.
Slice berries and arrange in pastry shell. Spoon on the glaze. Chill and serve with whipped cream. This recipe can be Read More